Join the PAKMULE HERD
PAKMULE is a Texas company located in the beautiful Hill Country town of New Braunfels. At PAKMULE, we innovate and manufacture products that make it easy for people to escape on the weekends, in order to pursue their hobbies and passions, while making rich memories that will last a lifetime. And we’re doing it responsibly, with a strong emphasis on sustainability and conservation, so that through our business and our operations, we leave the world a better place. It’s our lifestyle and it’s our purpose. And it’s our hope to find like-minded folks to join our small team as we grow, develop new products, exhibit first rate customer service, and inspire others to get outside!
PAKMULE Sales Vaquero
Title + position
Sales Vaquero – Wholesale & National Accounts
The Sales Vaquero position is a critical component to growing PAKMULE’s revenue. Acting as the face of PAKMULE to our retail customers, it is your job to ensure customers have what they need to sell more PAKMULE products. This is a hybrid office and field-based position requiring 50-60% travel. The Sales Vaquero is responsible for all aspects of sales.
As the Sales Vaquero at PAKMULE, you will act as a sales generalist attending to all our customer needs whether that be a wholesale dealer, a corporate account, staffing the booth at a trade show, or putting together a list of top prospects and dialing for dollars. This is a pioneering role for our brand as we grow, and you will be a pivotal part of the new sales team. If you like having your hands in multiple things and like to see your work make an impact, this could be the job for you.
PAKMULE designs performance outdoor gear to help you go further. Located in New Braunfels, TX, we’re most proud of our culture and our commitment to American manufacturing. We want to get more badass products on more vehicles to help you get where you’re going.
In 2017, with all our savings put into engineering, testing and inventory, we set out to help others go further; to make great memories of their own by making it easier to Load and Go! Our purpose is to design gear that continues to help people get away from it all, and to focus on what matters most: good times with friends and family and pursuing those hobbies that really drive and rejuvenate you; To create memories that last well beyond the weekend, and a love of outside that will inspire you to conserve it for future generations.
This position reports directly to the founder, Kansas Sartin, and is an active contributor to the greater PAKMULE team.
You love working with people. You are engaging and you take initiative in everything you do. You are coachable, curious, dedicated and motivated by hitting goals. You have a passion for outdoor pursuits and would love the opportunity to work with a fun brand in the outdoor space.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
Your responsibilities include:
- Deeply understand the PAKMULE product line and value proposition. You will become highly skilled at demonstrating how our products address the unique challenges of PAKMULE target customers.
- Build and execute a territory zone plan. You will build a calendar for your year to include road travel, trade show, and office weeks.
- Leverage tools available to you (google search etc.) to identify prospect accounts and build detailed, weekly call lists that will help you measure your results and hit your KPIs.
- Road Weeks: Make a minimum of 20 quality calls per week. A quality call is an in-person visit which results in a sale.
- Office Weeks: 25 outbound prospecting calls for new business per day and following up with all inbound dealer inquiries and other general sales business on behalf of PAKMULE.
- Assess prospective customer’s current and potential needs, determining appropriate PAKMULE products and solutions for that retailer. Learn the ins & outs of retail merchandising and help your dealers sell-thru their Pak Mule inventory.
- Hosting dealer training in-store and events. Getting the staff excited about PAKMULE and knowledgeable about the product so they can position and sell it.
- Spread the brand love through 1:1 interaction with all members of the staff at Pak Mule current and prospect accounts. Hand out stickers/hats and get people excited.
- Own your business. It is your job to grow the door count by finding quality retail partners for PAKMULE and going the extra mile for our current customers. You will be the first point of contact and need to build and maintain strong customer relationships.
- Keep detailed records of all prospecting, sales activities, and dealer interactions.
- Hitting your new door target and sales quota each quarter.
- You love the PAKMULE brand, and you want to make an impact!
- You are great at getting’ s**t done!
- You enjoy the work of selling. You are not an order taker. Convincing people to buy things kind of SALES is what gets you excited!
- 1+ year of outbound sales, field-based sales.
- Strong time management, prioritization, and problem-solving skills.
- Competitive, driven, curious, and have a burning desire to impact others.
- Great at asking open ended questions.
- Proven ability to meet and exceed goals.
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills.
- Ability to manage and prioritize high volume of accounts to generate meetings.
- An action-oriented mindset that stops at nothing to get things done and take care of the customer!
- Live the PAKMULE core values on the daily
- SPEED and sense of urgency.
- College degree not required.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Key sales position with room for career advancement.
- Compensation 50 – 55k base DOE + quarterly bonus tied to revenue plan (total attainable 75 – 80k annual) + travel expenses.
If you’re our next Sales Vaquero, please send your resume to [email protected]